Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharlee
Reel Rookie

Device not recognized after changing password

Have Roku Express. All was well for a week but had to change my password. I was trying to select cable channels when this need arose. Now, the message says I don't have a device.

Please help if you can. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Device not recognized after changing password

@Sharlee wrote:

Have Roku Express. All was well for a week but had to change my password. I was trying to select cable channels when this need arose. Now, the message says I don't have a device.

Please help if you can. Thanks!

Were you trying to select cable channels on the Roku Express or a cable box or the TV?  Is the message that you don't have a device on the TV?  What happens if you disconnect the Roku Express from the TV?  Is it possible you are on the wrong source or input on your TV?  Try changing the source or input on the TV.

0 Kudos
Sharlee
Reel Rookie

Hello! I got an email on my laptop that said: Watch your cable shows whenever you want   Tired of missing your shows? Add your favorite cable channels, sign in, and stream them on demand—no DVR required. Add my cable channels -

So I clicked on one and it asked me to supply my password. I think they were asking re: an account I had two yrs ago. (On Roku itself it said I didn't need to create an account for my new device.) I created an account on line (laptop), used a different password, supplied info, but the result was saying I didn't have a device.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

If you create another account and don't link a Roku to that account, then that account will have no devices.  If you switch back to your previous Roku account, you should still find your Roku linked to it.

0 Kudos
Sharlee
Reel Rookie

I will definitely try this, but before I couldn't find a way to change my first password - which is why I chose to create a new account. Do you have a suggestion on that? When I tried there wasn't any place to click forgot password, etc. It's easier for me to keep the first account. I think when I searched for a way to reset the password it told me to check "settings", but not where to find that.

Thanks for your help; you can see I'm new at this.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

https://my.roku.com/password/reset

Make sure you use the old email address and not the one for the account you just created.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos