Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valsmil
Binge Watcher

Defective Roku Express from Roku

Ordered from Roku their Express 3930 box received Friday tried to install 1st would not accept my email   2nd it kept flickering then stuck on auto detect on tv display,then when did get a home screen it has pixels in upper right corner, would not allow arrow to any app, nor could arrow down on remote to any options like settings, my offers (how I ordered this) etc so arrows work for put in email etc. Obviously this is a defective box they sent me I retired from a TV station and know about digital and tv troubleshooting it may been only $ small amount but this is my 2nd express box that quit I could returned to store if I bought local but because bought thru Roku. my Offers I got deal w Roku

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Defective Roku Express from Roku

If you got it from Roku your can return it through:

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

However, first ensure you're using the supplied USB power adapter and not the TV's USB port.  Some TV's USB ports don't provide enough power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Defective Roku Express from Roku

@Valsmil 

It might be a defective HDMI cable.  Either that, or a defective HDMI port.  Try different cables and ports and see if that will solve the issue.  If not, then sure I would say that the entire device unit is defective.  But as was stated in the above post, you could probably either check how your Roku device is powered.  If it’s connected through the wall outlet and not the TV’s USB port, then you could probably return it for a replacement if you bought it direct from the Roku online store.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos