Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dominic2

Changing my email address on my Roku TV screen.

Jump to solution

I need to remove my old email account then update my new email address.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Changing my email address on my Roku TV screen.

Jump to solution

Hi @Dominic2,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to assist you with your Roku device. We understand that you are inquiring about how to change the Roku account email address that is linked to your Roku device.

Start here for step-by-step instructions:

• We suggest performing a factory reset and re-do the activation process.

Try running the steps on this link to factory reset the Roku device: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

• then link your Roku account to the Roku device.

You may also refer to this link: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dominic2,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be more than happy to assist you with your Roku device. We understand that you are inquiring about how to change the Roku account email address that is linked to your Roku device.

Start here for step-by-step instructions:

• We suggest performing a factory reset and re-do the activation process.

Try running the steps on this link to factory reset the Roku device: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

• then link your Roku account to the Roku device.

You may also refer to this link: How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

We hope we have addressed your question appropriately, please keep us posted if you need further assistance or clarification.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If all you need to do is update the email address attached to your Roku account, a factory reset may be overkill.  Save Factory reset as a last resort as you'll be setting the Roku up all over again from scratch, including linking it to your Roku account, adding your channels, and logging back into any channels whose subscriptions require logins.

Email address change procedure:

Log into https://my.roku.com/account/edit using your old email address as your login name -- it doesn't matter if it's not still an active email address, at this point it's just a login name. (If you don't know the password, though, you are out of luck because the "Forgot password" option can only send a reminder to the address currently on record, so if you can't access that email address you're probably stuck with having to do a factory reset.)

Once logged in, update the email address and press the Save Changes button. When confirmed, this will not only change the email address shown via Settings > System > About on any Roku device(s) linked to that account, it will also update your login name for that account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X