Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chi7
Channel Surfer

Change Default Channel on Powering On

Hi.  I accidentally did something to the settings and now when the Roku powers on, it automatically goes to a news channel, channel 7 to be exact.   Can’t seem for the life of me, to get the power on settings to go back to just the Roku Home Screen.   I didn’t want to restore to factory settings, then have to download all the apps and setup user accounts.  Your help is much appreciated.   Thank you.   

10 REPLIES 10
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Change Default Channel on Powering On

@Chi7 

On your RokuTV, navigate to Settings/System/Power/Power on/ Home Screen (click to enable).

You probably currently have Live TV enabled, so just switch to Home Screen and the Roku Screen will appear each time you power on your device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Chi7
Channel Surfer

Thank you.  I’ll try that.  

0 Kudos
Chi7
Channel Surfer

Actually I don’t have that option.   What I have is:

system>power>auto power/system restart 

BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Which type of Roku device do you have? A Roku TV or a Roku streaming device? if you have a Roku device what model is it? 

0 Kudos
Chi7
Channel Surfer

The streaming stick 4K.  

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

You don’t power on a Roku stick. It’s always on. So you what you are saying is you want to go to specific channel like Netflix when you turn on your TV? You can only do that with a Roku TV

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Chi7 

Sorry, thought you had the RokuTV.

You may have disabled either your TV's CEC feature or Roku's One Touch Play feature.  By enabling your TV's CEC and Roku's One Touch Play, any button press of your Roku Remote will automatically switch to the HDMI input of your Roku device and your Roku Screen will appear.

Settings/System/Control other Devices/Enable 1-touch play

You may have to use your TV remote to enter the TV settings to verify that the HDMI CEC (some tv manufacturers use different brand names for CEC) and verify that it is enabled as well.

Try the above and see if that was your issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Tobus

While watching a normal tv channel (not looking at the Home Screen), press the “back” arrow at the top left of the remote. This should bring up a menu that offers choices of Live TV, Guide, MyLibrary, On Demand. While looking at this menu, use the down arrow on remote to select the gear wheel in the lower left hand corner of the tv screen. This opens another settings menu. The preferences menu here allows you to turn off, or change the startup channel.

Hope this helps

ron51
Reel Rookie

This did not work for me

Thanks

0 Kudos