Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZV
Reel Rookie

Cannot get a code. always asking to get a new code

Jump to solution

Roku streaming stick 4K 

asking for new code and cannot get it

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZV
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot get a code. always asking to get a new code

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! The problem was my internet connection! I switched using cox hotspot which was very slow (Because my paid subscription to internet thru Cox was not working due to modem problem )! So Roku could not get the latest updates. It was stuck on getting a code from my tv to pair up. 

But as the gentleman said above, you don’t need that anymore because once you get the new updates, it is very easy to setup! 

Just follow above or follow Roku prompts on the screen! 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

What is asking for a new code?  If you're trying to link the device to a Roku account using the website that's not the way it's done anymore.  The only way to link a device is to factory reset it.  If it's a new device this shouldn't be necessary.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

In the last week I factory reset 5 roku's, four of them to upgrade to 10.5, which three did. The fifth roku was 3500 stick I re-added to my account to answer a question on this site. Add to this list the newest roku to hit the market the 3821 Roku Stick 4K+. From the oldest the 3500 stick to newest 3821 stick 4k+ each had me add it to my account the same way. After the reset, and re-pair remote, I entered internet network and password, after updating it left a page where I entered my roku email address. Waited for the email with a link to finish activating my roku. No code, just a link in a email. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
ZV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! The problem was my internet connection! I switched using cox hotspot which was very slow (Because my paid subscription to internet thru Cox was not working due to modem problem )! So Roku could not get the latest updates. It was stuck on getting a code from my tv to pair up. 

But as the gentleman said above, you don’t need that anymore because once you get the new updates, it is very easy to setup! 

Just follow above or follow Roku prompts on the screen! 

Tags (1)

Jump to solution

I used the mobile hotspot on my phone and it worked. If you are using a lot of bandwidth it is slowing down your connection. Try turning everything else on the network off and try again.

0 Kudos
Tert72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Ya this does not help. I have a gig connection, typically 300 wireless. And I also used my phones hot spot... Still didn't see a code pop up

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Tert72,

Saw your post.

If you are still having activation issues, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more on How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos