Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
realchriswells
Reel Rookie

Cannot Factory Reset Express 4K

I have been trying to sort this problem for about a month now but no joy.

My Roku Express 4K (Model: 3940X) decided that it's not going to let me see anything after the loading screen.

I have tried two televisions, different HDMI cables, but always mains power using the provided block. Each time the same issue, I get the jumping Roku logo then a black screen. I don't hear any raps while going through the menus so I'm not sure it's not just turning off.

I have tried a factory reset by holding the button on the back down for over 1min but I don't see any blinking light to confirm the reset.

Any help on this would be massively appreciated. I've only had the product since July last year so I'm disappointed that it's fallen over like this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot Factory Reset Express 4K

I would try a different USB power adapter/charger from a phone or tablet and/or another USB cable.  Beyond that...

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @realchriswells,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

If you're still having the same issue with your Roku streaming stick keeps booting up. Please report back here along with the serial number of the device. We'll be able to assist you from there.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
realchriswells
Reel Rookie

Hi Rey,

Sadly I am still having issues with it after trying more screens, power and cables.

The serial number is S07U21ASASK3

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

0 Kudos