Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Down for Maintenance

Jump to solution

Hi @Msretired60,

Thanks for the update. I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, kindly please send me a private message with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mrdan93065

Re: Can not activate ‘down for maintenance’ message

Jump to solution

Will it be back up soon?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Mrdan93065

Thanks for the post.

As stated previously in this thread, have you tried clearing your cookies or cache or reloading the web browser or use a different one to access http://my.roku.com? Do you have a computer you can access the website with?

I've provided a link below to go into further detail on how to resolve player activation issue: How do I resolve an issue when activating or ... - Roku

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wyltk75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm trying to activate a Roku TV (TCL) and when the email is clicked on, we got this error. Is Roku down, or is there an issue with my device?

0 Kudos
wyltk75
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So, your troubleshooting suggestion is to clear cookies?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@wyltk75

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting step that we recommend?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mcannon

Jump to solution

Still down from the outage last night. How often does this happen and how long till you guys invest time and money into improving this problem?

The error message you get on the device makes it seem like there is an issue with internet or email. Searching this issue in help on the website does not elude to the error being on the Roku's activation service end.

At least you can update your error and help to let users know this is an issue rather than make us search further to find the issue. How many people will return there TV and devices because of this issue? How many new Roku users will this turn off?

Make the investment and fix this issue!

msabater

Jump to solution

Don't know if this will help anyone. I had the "Temporarily down for maintenance" message all morning when clicking the link in the email. I had a thought and decided to pull up the email on another device. In my case, I opened up the email on my laptop (I was using my phone before). Clicked the link and it went right through. No problems! 

Kirbylou

Jump to solution

It still is not working to set up my Roku saying down for maintenance....

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Kirbylou,

Thanks for reaching out to Roku Community and we appreciate your patience regarding this issue.

Have you tried clearing your cookies or cache or reloading the web browser or use a different one to access http://my.roku.com? Do you have a computer you can access the website with?
I've provided a link below to go into further detail on how to resolve player activation issue: How do I resolve an issue when activating or ... - Roku

Please try doing this and see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos