Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FabsRN
Reel Rookie

Re: Down for Maintenance

Jump to solution

This is my first experience with Roku. At first I thought it was my new device so I went back to the store and exchanged it. After dinner today I will just be purchasing an Apple TV because it’s not acceptable to be down for three days

0 Kudos
rickmiranda
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation link doesn’t work

Jump to solution

Still down for maintenance.  These Roku devices are on sale for $24.99 at bEst Buy.  You really get what you paid for.

0 Kudos
dgibsonii

Jump to solution

At least you are getting an activation link . We can't get a link or an email:(

0 Kudos
rickmiranda
Reel Rookie

Re: Can not activate ‘down for maintenance’ message

Jump to solution

When you enter the email address and click the link on the email sent to you, you will get Roku is down for maintenance.  There is a work around and I got five Roku device getting the same message but I manage to activate.  Here  how it's done

1.  In the remote control, press * (star above number 😎  for options and click restart Roku.

2.  After reboot, you will return to the Activation window again.  This time do not restart, instead, unplug the power for 3 seconds and plug back in.

3.  When rebooted, you will be greeted with Link code and to continue the setup in your phone or computer.

4.  If you did not get a link code after the reboot, simple repeat the process of unplugging from the power supply.

Good Luck 

rickmiranda
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please read my post.  There is a work around

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.
Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gasdaddy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Solved.  When I got my latest email from Roku with the activation link, rather than click on the link I copied it and pasted it into a different web browser and it worked like it should.  I'm a Chrome user, but I pasted it into Safari and that's what worked for me.

Jump to solution

thanks..that works!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue.

We believe this issue has been resolved. We would recommend trying to activate your Roku device again to see if the issue is resolved. Please be aware that you may need to request another email activation link in the activation process again.

If you are still experiencing this issue, please feel free to let us know with the exact steps you are using to replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Abeman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The link provided via email still says that it is down for maintenance. I requested a new activation email and still states down for maintenance.