Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diegote
Reel Rookie

Brand new stick+ remote shows no blinking

Jump to solution

Hello!

Just bought a brand new Roku Streaming Stick+, model: 3810X as seen on the stick.

The hdmi stick seems to be ok, flashes a white led and boots till waiting to pair with remote.
The remote does not turn any light on when inserting batteries, not even when pressing the pairing button for 3+ seconds. No response from the TV (stick).

Already tried with:
* Different sets of batteries (new ones working on other equipment)
* Restarting the stick and TV (power-cycle)

* Pressing remote's pairing button while/after Roku letters are bouncing
Anything else that I can try? I'd love to fix it instead of asking the seller for an exchange (if possible or refund which I wouldn't like).

Thanks in advance,
Diego

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
diegote
Reel Rookie

Re: Brand new stick+ remote shows no blinking

Jump to solution

Hi,

I also contacted customer support. They told me it might be the remote control not working and that I should ask for a replacement, which is in progress. I hope there's no problems when the new one arrives.

Thanks so much

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @diegote

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be located at the back of the player or on the box of the device itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
diegote
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Kariza,

Thanks for the help. SN: 21309A919798, Model: 3810X.

I already sent an email to support, Vani is helping though nothing improved so far.

I'm copying here what I replied, the community might know a trick.

* The TV shows the stick waiting for a remote to pair* The stick flakes white twice every 2"and keeps on it

* The remote does nothing when putting the batteries in, nor when pressing the pair button from the batteries compartment for 5"

* Waiting for 30" afterwards changes nothing: TV waiting to pair, stick flashing twice every 2", remote led in batteries compartment off (I've never seen it on).

I understand the remote's led should flash green when pairing.

Should it flash when trying to pair even if not finding any Roku device?

Should it flash when inserting batteries?

This Tempe does none of those two.

I've tried all these tests with two different TVs.

The remote's led has NEVER flashed (be it inserting batteries, pressing the pairing button for 5", ...).

The Roku logo appears normally when plugging the stick to USB. The letters jump, then language selection, then instructions to insert batteries, press pairing button for 3", wait for pairing. There it stays indefinitely.

Whether I press or not any buttons on the remote has no effect on the stick. The stick keeps flashing white twice every 2"indefinitely.

Ie the waiting to pair message on the TV screen, then I insert the batteries and nothing changes. I tried inserting the at different moments of the sticks's initialization (on all of: Roku letters bouncing, language selection screen, pairing instructions).

To me, it looks like the remote is not working (i.e. dead). If it's working, I'd expect it to flash at least once when trying to pair, so I know it's trying.

Thanks in advance,

Diego

0 Kudos
diegote
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

I also contacted customer support. They told me it might be the remote control not working and that I should ask for a replacement, which is in progress. I hope there's no problems when the new one arrives.

Thanks so much

0 Kudos