Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrandmaB

Re: Brand new Roku streaming stick + stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon,  I have a new ROKU and as of yet nothing has worked.  I have tried everything including reset.  Very frustrating!  I can give you Model & S#

Thanks. Becky

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When you reset, are you referring to a factory reset? That requires holding the reset button in for a minimum of 30 seconds, and not one second less. If that doesn't get you back to the initial new device setup, then it's defective, and should be returned for a replacement.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Jaxbonney

Jump to solution

Drove myself crazy trying to fix this same problem.  Brand new Roku player was stuck on bouncing logo.  Well I saw one guy reply about trying to plug the power supply to the player, directly into wall with iPhone plug , instead of plugging it into usb on the tv for its power.  Well that worked! I believe the problem is that some tvs , especially older ones, don’t supply enough power to the Roku device via the USB port on the tv.  Try it!!  It works!!