Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricfranco

Billing Charge without a notification

Jump to solution

I was charged by Roku for my Pureflix annual account without giving me notification  Called Pureflix but said they are not responsible for the charge. I want to cancel it now and get a refund. No email address for Roku. I called also but only voicemail. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Billing Charge without a notification

Jump to solution

@ricfranco-

• Scammers can name their bogus charges anything they like. Don't assume that a charge that says it comes from Roku necessarily really is from Roku.
  • Log into your Roku account using email address shown via Settings/System/About from your Roku home screen.  Once there, click on Purchace history and invoices to see what has been charged to this account by Roku.  If the charge shows up, cancel the subscription
  • If you have more than one Roku, if any are linked to a different address, log into that address too and check its purchase history.

If you see no subscriptions or charges listed on the Roku site(s), challenge the unrecognized charges with the financial institution through which the charges are arriving.  They have the resources to trace them back to their actual origin.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Billing Charge without a notification

Jump to solution

@ricfranco-

• Scammers can name their bogus charges anything they like. Don't assume that a charge that says it comes from Roku necessarily really is from Roku.
  • Log into your Roku account using email address shown via Settings/System/About from your Roku home screen.  Once there, click on Purchace history and invoices to see what has been charged to this account by Roku.  If the charge shows up, cancel the subscription
  • If you have more than one Roku, if any are linked to a different address, log into that address too and check its purchase history.

If you see no subscriptions or charges listed on the Roku site(s), challenge the unrecognized charges with the financial institution through which the charges are arriving.  They have the resources to trace them back to their actual origin.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos