Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLS58
Reel Rookie

Bad HDMI cable right out of the box

I purchased the Roku Express 4K+. In the process of setting it up, I got an error saying that the HDMI cable that was provided in the box was not working. I used an HDMI cable that I already had and it started connecting just fine. Has anyone else had an issue with an HDMI cable that was from Roku?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
tpry1
Channel Surfer

Re: Bad HDMI cable right out of the box

Although not right out of the box, after a month mine claimed to be the issue. The issue occured again after replacing the cable. Hope yours will be okay but I am wondering if it is an issue with the device itself. Roku support please look into this!!!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JLS58 @tpry1,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and resolve any accessory issues. Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
tpry1
Channel Surfer

HDMI issue one month after install

I purchased a new Roku Express 4k+ in order to upgrade to the voice remote and tv power and volume controls. It worked fine for a month but then claimed the HDMI was bad. I switched to my old HDMI and had no issues for a day or two, then the same error message after initially starting a program. Next I tried an HDMI that was not from a roku product and the same thing occured. I believe this is a Roku device issue and it is not fair that one should have to pay for shipping to return it. Support please respond

thank you

0 Kudos
tpry1
Channel Surfer

Yes there is a light showing on my device which is securely plugged into a wall outlet with the provided cables. I am trying the other HDMI port on my television again. It has worked fine for my cable box and I believe I tried it before with the new ROKU device and the same thing happened(HDMI error msg) after initially connecting to test the last time. I do not have another TV to try it on(Yes, we only have one TV in the house!). I will report back on this. 

thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tpry1

Thanks for following up.

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
tpry1
Channel Surfer

S/N:      S07P427SWWU1

Will likely be a while(2 weeks or more) until my next response. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tpry1,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
JLS58
Reel Rookie

There is a purplish/blue light on the Roku device. It is powered by a USB connection to the TV. So far I have had no other HDMI connection issues with my own cable.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JLS58,

Thanks for the response.

If the issue still persists, can you please provide the serial number/device ID of your Roku device? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos