Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BVDUS
Reel Rookie

Availability of Guest Mode in Germany

Jump to solution

Hi. 

I bought Roku in Germany for my airbnb but had to return it because it did not have guest mode available. 

I don’t really understand the reason why this feature is not available in Germany and would like to know if it is planned to make it available, soon. I know that I am definitely not the only one looking for this feature. 

it would be great to understand the background and the plans.  

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Availability of Guest Mode in Germany

Jump to solution

Hi @BVDUS,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to give you some insights regarding the availability of the guest mode feature. Guest Mode is available in the US, Canada, UK, Latin America, France, Mexico, and other countries. Guest Mode is not available in Germany or Australia. Depending on the Roku OS version installed on your streaming device Guest Mode may also be called Auto Sign Out.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @BVDUS 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you've faced some trouble with setting up your Roku streaming device to guest mode, and we'd be glad to assist. As a start, kindly check out the support article on How to turn Guest Mode on and off on your Roku streaming device. This article consists of steps and a guide on enabling guest mode.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BVDUS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thank you for the response. 
Unfortunately the provided link does not help. 
The Guest Mode feature is not available at all in Germany. So it cannot be turned on or off. This was also confirmed to me by the support team via e-mail. 
Unfortunately I did not receive an answer on the reasons for this restriction and if there is a workaround or if it is planned to make this feature available in Germany, too?

Can anyone provide any insights? 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @BVDUS,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to give you some insights regarding the availability of the guest mode feature. Guest Mode is available in the US, Canada, UK, Latin America, France, Mexico, and other countries. Guest Mode is not available in Germany or Australia. Depending on the Roku OS version installed on your streaming device Guest Mode may also be called Auto Sign Out.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos