Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dodom

Assistance please w/ the activation process

I just purchased this TV less than a week ago, I’ve seen this concerned posted by many but no actual solution has been beneficial in my case. I am unable to get past the activation prompt. I have  checked spam, waited several hrs/days reset to factory on the device, reset my internet router, EVERY solution I have attempted with no resolution. I have download the app, register my device, created an account with roku but it with this route no code is prompted on my screen to input when being requested definitely is an exhausting process. My serial number is 68022032MH10886 [personal information removed] additional numbers are at the top of the label 58A56EUR(0011) G22032M any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!! 

16 REPLIES 16
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Assistance please w/ the activation process

Hi @Dodom,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for reaching out.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
here2there
Binge Watcher

Hi ! Please pass my issue along to your support team. My tv has the same issue as other accounts, by not getting a Roku activation email link. I have verified email spelling, waited, checked spam, and use Outlook email app. I have no tv viewing capabilities, please help to correct this problem. Thanks so much for your time ! Good day! 

stevemol
Channel Surfer

Same problem with my Roku 3.  I had to do a hard reset to get the connection working again, now I can't activate it.  No email received on either of two separate email servers, although I did get the emails acknowledging the email address change.

It appears that your email server is not sending these links out at all.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @here2there @stevemol,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
stevemol
Channel Surfer

4124CF118576

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @stevemol,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
here2there
Binge Watcher

Hi Mary ! My product is a Roku tv by Element. It was working with all channels for months but due to a screen color anomaly an Element rep said to hard reset it. When prompted to go through the account activation link process I never get any email link code from Roku. Please pass my issue along to your support team, Thanks ! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @here2there,

Thanks for following up.

Can you please provide the serial number/Device ID of your Roku device? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Here's a link to our support page to find How to find the serial number or device ID for your Roku® device | Official Roku Support

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

here2there
Binge Watcher

Hi again Mary, and thanks for your quick reply ! Here is the info you requested. (However as another person mentioned with the identical problem, it appears that Roku's email server is not sending any links out at all, none are ever received ! I even have the box checked below to: Email me when someone replies, but no emails from that either !)

24" Element Roku tv.

Model: 8525X

Device ID: ML706L940000

Serial: YK00LM940000

Software: 11.0.0:4193

Please help to send the account activation link by email so I can get my product working ! Much appreciation !

Best Regards,

JK

0 Kudos