Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindi
Reel Rookie

Are there compatibility issues with roku tv and roku ultra together

Jump to solution

I have an RCA Roku tv with built in wi-fi.  Tv is set up in basement with router on main floor.  Poor wifi signal and low internet signal detected.  Would like to hardwire with LAN cable but tv has no ethernet port.  Was wondering about adding a ROKU ultra which has an ethernet port, but would like to know if there would be any compatibility issues having both ROKU programs together???  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Are there compatibility issues with roku tv and roku ultra together

Jump to solution

There aren't any compatibility issues, but it can be a little confusing.  You'll have two Roku Home Screens and you'll still need to use the TV's remote for some functions.  If you use Roku apps 100% of the time, you can set up the TV to always power on to the Ultra's input and you may never need to use the TV's remote.  However, if you watch antenna TV or want to switch to a different input for a cable box, Blu-ray player, game console, or some other connected device, you'll have to use the TV's remote to go back to its Home Screen to select a different input.  I always recommend using different themes on the TV and Ultra so it's immediately apparent which Home Screen you're looking at.  Some people mistakenly think adding a Roku device to a Roku TV takes over all of the TV's functions and that's not the case.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Are there compatibility issues with roku tv and roku ultra together

Jump to solution

There aren't any compatibility issues, but it can be a little confusing.  You'll have two Roku Home Screens and you'll still need to use the TV's remote for some functions.  If you use Roku apps 100% of the time, you can set up the TV to always power on to the Ultra's input and you may never need to use the TV's remote.  However, if you watch antenna TV or want to switch to a different input for a cable box, Blu-ray player, game console, or some other connected device, you'll have to use the TV's remote to go back to its Home Screen to select a different input.  I always recommend using different themes on the TV and Ultra so it's immediately apparent which Home Screen you're looking at.  Some people mistakenly think adding a Roku device to a Roku TV takes over all of the TV's functions and that's not the case.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.