Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taglines63
Reel Rookie

Adding Roku HDMI 2 Port on TV with DISH

Jump to solution

I have DISH as my main, and the DISH Hopper is connected to the HDMI 1 port on my TV. I have a Roku Express that I tried to connect using the HDMI 2 port and USB port on my TV, but the input on the TV remote (not the DISH remote) only "sees" the DISH on all input options. The blue light on the Roku comes on for a few seconds when the TV is first turned on, then goes off. The TV is connected via optic cable to a Polk sound bar. What am I doing wrong in trying to have access to both DISH and the Roku Express on this TV?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding Roku HDMI 2 Port on TV with DISH

Jump to solution

Try using a USB power adapter plugged into the wall.  Some TVs' USB ports can't supply enough power.  If your Express didn't come with one, try an adapter/charger from a phone or tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try using a USB power adapter plugged into the wall.  Some TVs' USB ports can't supply enough power.  If your Express didn't come with one, try an adapter/charger from a phone or tablet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Taglines63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did as you suggested, and it works! Used an old phone charger with the USB. Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos