Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sproaticus
Reel Rookie

Activation process is stuck

Jump to solution

I'm unable to activate my new Roku Ultra.  I've tried both the email method, and the QR code method.

The email method fails when I click on the link.  The web browser ends up at https://my.roku.com/link/error/rtod , and the TV never proceeds past this point. I've tried this with both browsers on my phone, with ad blocking turned off in the one browser that has it.  I've also tried this when logged in and logged out of roku.com.

The QR code method fails when I follow the link in the QR code.  The phone's web browser ends up in my account dashboard, where I can see the old Roku device still on my account, but there are no links or options to add the new device.  The TV eventually shows an error that the activation attempt has timed out.

The Roku is online and able to update its own firmware.  I've followed the customer support articles, (including the troubleshooting articles for this device), I've factory reset my Roku, rebooted it, nothing seems to make a difference.  Guessing here, it looks like the activation service on roku.com's side is having some kind of problem.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sproaticus
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation process is stuck

Jump to solution

The problem was using the Chrome and Firefox browsers on my phone using default security options.

This has been resolved by opening the activation link using a browser on a Windows PC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
sproaticus
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation process is stuck

Jump to solution

The problem was using the Chrome and Firefox browsers on my phone using default security options.

This has been resolved by opening the activation link using a browser on a Windows PC.

0 Kudos