Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacqL
Reel Rookie

Activation Link Returns 403 Error - Continued 4 Times

Setting up a new Roku Premiere. Got through wifi-internet connections fine. Video set up and confirmed at 1080p. 

I already have a Roku account. So, I entered email for the activation email. Received the email and clicked the activation link. 

Received the following message:

403 ERRORThe request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

I tried this 4 times over 3 hours with different activation links (which expire every 30 minutes). Given the multiple attempts, this appears to be a configuration error.

Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Hotahota

Re: Activation Link Returns 403 Error - Continued 4 Times

Did you ever receive a reply to this

0 Kudos
JacqL
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation Link Returns 403 Error - Continued 4 Times

No, but I was able to activate through my Mac, rather than the iPhone. Don't know why that made a difference, but it did.

0 Kudos