Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredZiffel97
Channel Surfer

2 wired Roku Ultras one talking to intranet all the time

Jump to solution

I have 2 Roku Ultras both purchased within 6 weeks of the other.

Both Roku1 $ Roku2 are wired connected to my intranet with Cat6 (Wi-Fi in my home is not good). And they are connected with an HDMI to their respective TV. Both function as they "should" but -

Roku1 is connected directly to the router by a ethernet Cat6 connection. No issues here . I rarely see any ethernet traffic on this Roku's network port unless an update is applied. When TV is off the unit turns off and ethernet activity stops. I believe this a normal Roku network activity.

Roku2 is connected to a network switch which connects to the router via a Cat6 connection. When this unit is off the Roku's network activity light is continually active. Not sure if this is normal as the unit may be "talking" with the network switch!? I have factory reset the device and reset it up with the same issue.

Does Roku2 have an issue or is this normal for one of two Rokus to have continual network traffic?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FredZiffel97
Channel Surfer

Re: 2 wired Roku Ultras one talking to intranet all the time

Jump to solution

Please close this as I found the problem to be a very dim LED on the one Roku unit for network connectivity so as I suspected everything is okay.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
FredZiffel97
Channel Surfer

Re: 2 wired Roku Ultras one talking to intranet all the time

Jump to solution

Please close this as I found the problem to be a very dim LED on the one Roku unit for network connectivity so as I suspected everything is okay.

0 Kudos