Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amyahham
Reel Rookie

roku app not finding my device on multiple phones

i just bought a new 32 inch roku tv and i previously was able to connect my app to private listen on my old tv (the same exact type of tv) but now my phone wont find it at all, it did this at the end of me having my old one (had to be replaced because i broke the screen), my brothers phone also will not connect to my tv or his. we are connected to the same network, we have restarted phones, tv, apps, deleted apps and re downloaded, factory reset, tested net work and NOTHING has worked. i work nights so i need my private listening so i dont wake anyone at my house. i cant find a way to call or email roku directly. someone please help!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku app not finding my device on multiple phones

The only thing I can think of off the top is that some routers have an option to keep different devices on the network from seeing each other.  If this has inadvertently been turned on, or perhaps set by a router update, that could cause the problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
atc98092

The suggestion from @makaiguy is your most likely cause of the problem. But regardless of what exactly is the reason, it's not something Roku support can help with. This is a network issue, and it's outside their sphere of control.

Have you made any changes yourself in your home network? New router? Does your ISP provide you with your router? If so, they have control of many settings, and they might have changed something without your knowledge. ISPs have been known to do that, especially cable companies. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
amyahham
Reel Rookie

nothing about my network has changed, it worked one day and then it disconnected from my headphones, it wouldn’t reconnect so i forgot the device and retried to find it and it wont show up at all, ever since no one can connect to it, my brother can’t connect to mine or his tv, we are both using the same roku account. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy

@amyahham-

You may not have changed anything on your network setup, but that doesn't guarantee your internet provider or router manufacturer has not.  Please review the reply from @atc98092, especially second paragraph.  Those were not idle questions, but attempts to find the source of your problem.

One other thing that comes to mind...

There have been all manor of problems posted lately with the iOS version of the Roku remote app.  Which are your phones, iPhone or android?   Have you tried deleting the Roku app from your phones, restarting your phones, then re-installing the Roku app (in  that order)?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos