Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ichidoyo
Reel Rookie

my Andriod 10 smart phone cannot find the Roku Express 4K Streaming Device!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this...

My Motorola one 5G ace, Android 10, smart phone cannot find the Roku Express 4K Streaming Device!

My previous Roku Streaming Stick+ Headphone Addition worked fine for 2 years, then it stopped working. My new Roku Express 4K+ will not pair with my Smart phone so I am Not Able to CAST from my phone to my HDTV.

My New Roku Express 4K+Streaming Player SN: S0HCK294HNE3 Model:3941X2

My Android Phone cannot find this New Streaming Device.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: my Andriod 10 smart phone cannot find the Roku Express 4K Streaming Device!

Hi @ichidoyo

Welcome to Roku Community. 

We're glad you're here, let us help you further. To clarify, you want to cast supported mobile apps from your phone to a TV. Is that correct? Even though the terms “casting” and “screen mirroring” are commonly interchanged in the industry, there are differences when using them with your Roku device.

To use casting, the supported app must be installed on both your mobile device and your Roku streaming device. You must also make sure to connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device.

Please follow the steps here to get connected: How to cast apps like YouTube or Netflix from your phone to a TV.

Keep us posted if you see any difference.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ichidoyo
Reel Rookie

Thanks, but I have done this many times, but my Phone/App does Not See/Find the my Roku Express + HD/4K device.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @ichidoyo 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your Android Smart phone finding your Roku device on the Roku mobile app.

Have you made sure that the Roku device and the mobile device are on the same wireless network and ensuring they are on the same wireless frequency as sometimes routers may have different networks for each frequency?

Please keep us posted and we will be more than happy to continue assisting your further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos