Roku mobile app

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pjd813
Level 9

iOS remote app not connecting to Ultra with over Ethernet

Jump to solution

I’m connected over Ethernet so the wireless solutions don’t apply here. I keep getting We Did Not Find a ROKU Device on Your Network messages when I start the app and search in the app. Manually entering the address does nothing. This has been happening for a month or two and I’ve done all of the resetting, disconnect/reconnect, rebooting of every device. Still no joy.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: iOS remote app not connecting to Ultra with over Ethernet

Jump to solution

@Pjd813

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that for the Roku mobile app to work as your remote, the mobile device running the app must be connected to the same wireless network that your Roku device is connected to.

For more information about using the Roku mobile app as a remote, visit our Support page here: Use the mobile app as your remote

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Pjd813

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that for the Roku mobile app to work as your remote, the mobile device running the app must be connected to the same wireless network that your Roku device is connected to.

For more information about using the Roku mobile app as a remote, visit our Support page here: Use the mobile app as your remote

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pjd813
Level 9

Jump to solution

This solution does not help. The ROKU remote app seems to have a mind of its own. The majority of the time it does not find the ROKU Ultra and nothing I do for troubleshooting works. The all of a sudden the ROKU shows up I. The app. No rhyme. No reason. As it turns out my ROKU is wired thru Ethernet.

0 Kudos