Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mama50055
Reel Rookie

When are you going to fix your app remote not finding devices issue

So your developers broke the app and many people can't use it when will your company take notice and fix it?  I even have 2 of the 3 of my roku dev8ces associated to my online account and still can't use the app as a remote. Either fix it or I will get rid of roku products sick of wasting my time on your app and getting no responses to questions.  Ridiculous that your company messed it up and won't fix! Worthless and makes no sense not to fix the issues you created with updates!!! Either give a solution or shut it down. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: When are you going to fix your app remote not finding devices issue

Hi @Mama50055,

We're really sorry for this experience. May we know the following details?

• Have you tried uninstalling and installing the app?
  • Roku mobile app version
  • Mobile phone brand, model, and current version?
  • Another phone we could use to see if the same issue occurs.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Mama50055-

No such problem here, using the Roku app on several Android devices.  Are you using Android or iOS?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Mama50055
Reel Rookie

So I had help up to the answering of if I have the latest version of the remote app and what phone I use and then Roku just stopped replying. Thanks for nothing! What was the point of reaching out and asking the questions if you were just going to bail on helping? I have no respect for such companies or people. Useless is worthless!!!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mama50055,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku mobile app since it was not finding your Roku devices or TV. We're happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on why the Roku mobile app does not see my Roku streaming device.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Sincere regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mama50055
Reel Rookie

My network access is set to default. My TV and phone have the same network and use only that network. Manually inputting the last 3 digits of me internet address still does not find thwsystem. I am still using a Samsung s21 ultra with the most up to date version of the app.  Nothing seen or suggested makes the app recognize any of the 3 tvs I never had ab issue with until a few months ago, they have always worked and been recogn9ze up to the point of updating of the app once that happened your remote app no longer recognized any of my tvs and now I am testing this stuff over and over for your feedback and still no matter how many tests I do. The app does not recognize or act like I have any roku devices

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mama50055,

Thank you for updating us!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're having with the Roku mobile app. Please ensure that your Roku TV's or devices are linked to the same email address that is associated with your Roku account, including the Roku mobile app.

We hope this helps.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos