Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drod

Volume controls for the Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

I had the same experience. Can't believe the Roku App has no volume controls. Tried the mic option and speaking volume up/down/mute. The screen acknowledges the voice command but does not change the volume. I have a Samsung Curve TV.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume controls for the Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Hi @drod,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand that you want to use the Roku App as a workaround for controlling your TV volume. However, Volume control for your TV is not available in the Roku mobile app when connected to a Roku player. The mobile app only offers volume controls for Roku TV models or when using the mobile private listening feature. (If you have headphones connected to your phone and are using mobile private listening, you can control the audio level using your phone's volume control for this type of playback.)

For more information about using the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: Can I control my Roku® streaming device from my mobile device?

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume controls for the Roku Ultra

Jump to solution

Hi @drod,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand that you want to use the Roku App as a workaround for controlling your TV volume. However, Volume control for your TV is not available in the Roku mobile app when connected to a Roku player. The mobile app only offers volume controls for Roku TV models or when using the mobile private listening feature. (If you have headphones connected to your phone and are using mobile private listening, you can control the audio level using your phone's volume control for this type of playback.)

For more information about using the Roku mobile app, visit our Support page here: Can I control my Roku® streaming device from my mobile device?

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos