Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

I've been working in mobile app development for the last 8 years, and have had my fair share of rolls as a QA, BA, Team Leader and Scrum Master. When I install your Roku app from the Google Play Store, and try and authenticate using my credentials, I cannot get past the modal "Unable to sign in, The email  address or password provided does not match our records"

Let me tell you what I've done to get past the issue and what I am using, maybe that will make it easier. 

OnePlus8T KB2005, Android 13 running the December 5th 2023 Security Update, I have a T-Mobile and AT&T SIM and connected to WiFi. 

1. Ensured I'm on a solid WiFi or mobile data connection, I've tried with just WiFi (mobile data off), and just Mobile Data for both T-Mobile and AT&T. 

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app

3. Force quit and cleared cache multiple times

4. Ensured that I am not using a DNS or other personalized network configurations

5. Logged into the my.roku.com account with the same credentials for the mobile app, using a web browser on my device. 

6. Changed the default browser app on my device to Google Chrome (just a guess, but it appears your authentication is using a web wrapper)

7. Changed the default browser app on my device to stock Android

8. Changed my password (more than 1 time)

9. Changed the email address on my account

Nothing is working and I'm lost, I'm about to hook this up to Charles Proxy and see what is blocking the authentication. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
46 REPLIES 46
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

Hi @UrbanCowboy,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Just to make sure we have understood your concern correctly, you are having issues connecting your account to the Roku mobile app. Is this correct? Also, which of your Roku devices are you trying to connect the Roku app with?

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records

Correct, I cannot sign into the Roku mobile app with my Roku account credentials. I am not having issues with connecting the Roku app with my TCL television, the remote control feature is working correctly, however I cannot sign into my account on the mobile app to take full advantage of all the features available. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @UrbanCowboy,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're happy to help.

We believe the service interruption impacting my.roku.com is now resolved. Please try again, and you will now be able to login.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

That did not resolve the issue. I still get "Unable to sign in The email address or password provided does not match our records"

Please read my original post before asking me to try something I already have tried. 

Also, I never once said I was having issues signing into my.roku.com the issue is with the mobile app. 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @UrbanCowboy.

We're sorry for that.

Could you confirm if you were able to sign in to the Roku mobile app before? Or was this the first time you've had this issue? 

Please continue to give us updates so we can provide you with the best resolution possible.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

I have not been able to sign into the mobile app at all at any time. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate the response, @UrbanCowboy

Could you provide us with the following information:

• Mobile device information such as Brand, Model, and OS Version.
  • Roku mobile app version.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UrbanCowboy
Binge Watcher

I provided you this information, on the very first post. Please re-read it. It's becoming apparent you're not even reading the original message with the details of the issue and steps I've tried to overcome the problem.  

The app version is your production version in the Google Play Store. 9.10.1.2783652

0 Kudos

I could not remember my password for signing ing to Paramount plus. So I get a new password. But it said I need to sigh up for Paramount plus when I just paid on January 3, 2024 for this month not needing make payment to February. So can you tell me why I need a new subscription when I have one?

0 Kudos