Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kushh8

Switching apps while using private listening

This applies for Android Users:

I just figured it out! So I was having the issue of whenever I switched app, or turned the screen off, it would stop private listening. Very frustrating. But it wasn't always like this, what changed? After some digging, I saw someone mention to turn on notifications so it can appear in the notification bar, and that's what works sometimes. Then I saw people mentioning that it did not work for most part, and it didnt work for me either.

That's when I realized the issue:

On newer updates to the OS, the background data saver settings closes the app. So go to your settings, search background data usage, and add roku to "never sleeping apps" list and you should be good to go!

God, this was the most frustrating thing but I finally figured it out!

Hopefully this works for all of you as well!

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Switching apps while using private listening

@kushh8-

Thanks for reporting this.

Had same problem.  Figured out same solution.  Never thought to mention it here.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos