Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachpatch

Some Shows no longer load on "watch mobile" but others do

There are 2 shows I've been watching primarily on the roku channel via "watch on mobile". Both shows will no longer load on mobile but i can continue watching them on my tv. Both shows still have the mobile option listed on watch options so I don't understand why all of a sudden they do not load. 

Uninstalled the roku app on my iPhone. Restated my phone and reinstalled the app, but that made no difference. Others shows play just fine. So is this a show specific problem? Is there any way to fix it? I want to be able to watch on TV and on my phone!

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Some Shows no longer load on "watch mobile" but others do

Hi @Rachpatch,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku mobile app since the other shows or movies are not loading. We're happy to assist you further. This may be due to a slow network caused by a poor wireless signal, issues with your router, or the quality of your internet service. Check that your internet package provides speeds fast enough for streaming video.

You may also check out this support article here on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

We hope this helps, and please keep us posted if you need anything else.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TallyB
Reel Rookie

Hi, I'm having a similar problem described here. For me, the one show I want to watch on the mobile app (Great British Baking Show, no judgment) will play fine on a TV but not my android.

Here's what I've tried so far:

-switching from wifi to data

-clearing the cache in my app settings

-clearing the data in my app settings 

-force stop

-force stop app then restart phone 

-Uninstall app, restart phone, reinstall 

Nothing has worked so far. Other shows are streaming fine on the app. The message I get is "error something went wrong during playback. Please try again later"

Any help would be appreciated!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @TallyB!

It is highly appreciated that you've provided us with a precise elaboration of your concern. We also appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and for all the troubleshooting steps you've tried. No worries! We're here to further assist you with this.

Just to confirm, which particular Season and Episode you've observed this? Does this happen to all of them? If so, we may need the following details below so we can coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for further review and correction:

• Roku mobile app build version:
  • Your mobile phone's model and OS version:

We'll be looking forward to your update!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TallyB
Reel Rookie

I appreciate your reply! When I went to get the answers to your questions, the app was working! So whether or not you did anything, I appreciate your time, since this was getting pretty frustrating.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for keeping us updated, @TallyB!

We're glad to know you're back on streaming now! 

Please let us know if you happen to encounter this issue again so we can further review and correct it. In the meantime, we appreciate you for reporting this and cooperating with us.

Happy Streaming!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos