Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tnrhinds
Reel Rookie

Rokuapp not connecting to streaming device

Anybody else having issues with their Roku app on their phone? Not connecting or finding their streaming device even when on the correct network? I have a Roku ultra and it had been working but now it will not connect. I've even tried to connect the manually and it won't work.

12 REPLIES 12
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rokuapp not connecting to streaming device

Hi @tnrhinds,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that your Roku device won't connect or be found by the Roku mobile app. We are happy to assist with the problem. Could you send us a photo or a video illustrating the problem you're having? What steps have you already taken to troubleshoot the issue?

With more detailed information, we can assist you further with your issue.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tigre
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same problem.  Was working just fine 2 weeks ago but now the app can’t find my device even though it’s listed but grayed out.  I’ve tried the solutions on the get help page and some of the work arounds on Reddit.

You guys need to fix this problem because it’s not on our end but on yours!

Conniem1979
Channel Surfer

Same problem. Everything is updated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled app. Reset the tv. They are both on the same Wi-Fi. I have even tried to manually enter it with the IP address and it says it’s not recognized as a Roku device. This is a Roku Tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tigre @Conniem1979,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

For us to take a closer look at the issue you're having, could you please send us an image from your mobile phone about the Roku mobile app not connecting to your Roku streaming device?

Your response would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tnrhinds
Reel Rookie

It looks like you guys may have fixed the issue. It was able to connect with the app yesterday and have not had any troubles since. Of course it's only been a day.

0 Kudos
Tigre
Channel Surfer

20230717_175739.jpg

TV not found but it's on Xfinity device list that also has my tablet and phone on it.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tigre,

Thanks for the additional information!

Have you tried uninstalling the app, making sure that you restart both devices, and then attempting to use them again to determine whether or not the problem persists after these steps?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tigre
Channel Surfer

I’ve done all the suggested steps to fix it and it’s still not working.

0 Kudos
tnrhinds
Reel Rookie

👎

0 Kudos