Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku remote application installed but won't connect to Onn Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Hello everyone I am wondering is anyone else having this issue where the application is showing devices connected but phones application for Roku will not absolutely connect to TV even when signed into account on both ends and have already tried to connect manually!!!🤦‍♀️

But yet it shows devices connected to same wifi 🛜 SMH 😒 😒 😒 🤦‍♀️ 🙄 ITS A TOTAL NIGHTMARE AND VERY FRUSTRATING ESPECIALLY WHEN I have little ones and I have a home to clean I turn on the babysitter (TV) TO KEEP THEM ENTERTAINED while I hurry and clean now I can't even get my house cleaning done without hearing or having them fighting or upsetting about Roku remote application not being functional at all 😒😒😒🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️⚠️.  #PLEASEFIXPROBLEM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote application installed but won't connect to Onn Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Hi @mariaguadalupel,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We hear you in this kind of situation. We'd like to be of assistance here to see how we can work on this. If you are having trouble when you try to connect a phone to your Roku TV system or streaming player, verify how you have the settings configured on your device. To use the Roku mobile app for iOS® or Android as your remote, your Roku device must be permitted to accept commands over the Wi-Fi network. There is a Control by mobile apps setting on your Roku device that when disabled, prevents the Roku mobile app and any third-party app from communicating with your Roku device. When this setting is disabled, you must use your Roku remote and enable the setting again using the following steps.

1. Press Home on your remote 

2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Control by mobile apps
  6. Select Network Access
  7. Choose one of three options:

• Default. For users who want to use the Roku mobile app or a third-party app to act as a remote and control their Roku device. Most users choose this setting.
    • Permissive. For users who want the Roku mobile app or a third-party app to control their Roku device and are on a publicly accessible network. This choice is uncommon and typically used with an advanced network configuration.
    • Disable: For users who do not want a third-party app to be able to control their Roku device.

You can also check our support for additional information here: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

Let us know if this helps and if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote application installed but won't connect to Onn Roku TV?

Jump to solution

Hi @mariaguadalupel,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We hear you in this kind of situation. We'd like to be of assistance here to see how we can work on this. If you are having trouble when you try to connect a phone to your Roku TV system or streaming player, verify how you have the settings configured on your device. To use the Roku mobile app for iOS® or Android as your remote, your Roku device must be permitted to accept commands over the Wi-Fi network. There is a Control by mobile apps setting on your Roku device that when disabled, prevents the Roku mobile app and any third-party app from communicating with your Roku device. When this setting is disabled, you must use your Roku remote and enable the setting again using the following steps.

1. Press Home on your remote 

2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced System settings
  5. Select Control by mobile apps
  6. Select Network Access
  7. Choose one of three options:

• Default. For users who want to use the Roku mobile app or a third-party app to act as a remote and control their Roku device. Most users choose this setting.
    • Permissive. For users who want the Roku mobile app or a third-party app to control their Roku device and are on a publicly accessible network. This choice is uncommon and typically used with an advanced network configuration.
    • Disable: For users who do not want a third-party app to be able to control their Roku device.

You can also check our support for additional information here: How to connect your phone to a Roku streaming device with the Roku mobile app

Let us know if this helps and if there's anything else we can do to further assist you.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos