Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cs10
Reel Rookie

Roku remote app auto-typing

When I open Roku app on iOS 15 and go to the remote cross bar the keyboard will pop up with the word boss typed in. I clear it and go back and same thing. I can’t go to the remote without the keyboard popping up like that. I’m using the latest app in the App Store. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote app auto-typing

Hi @cs10

Thanks for the post.

Could you try uninstalling then re-installing your Roku mobile app then see if the issue persists? Keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
cs10
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the issue remains. It’s quite annoying.  

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cs10

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing the issue, can you provide us with a video or picture of the issue you are seeing along with the ID tracker when you see this issue occur? (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Iray

The same thing is happening to me. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled. Restarted the phone too. Nothing has fixed it. 

0 Kudos
mjjg1500

Hello,

Yes the same thing is happening to me also.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling...also cleared the data and cash... Nothing worked.

Keyboard keeps popping up..

I noticed the green dot next to the keyboard icon is constantly green.

I have an LG G7 SlimQ using Android 8.1

Michael..

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Iray @mjjg1500

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

• Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Roku mobile app version

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos