Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brxx

Roku mobile app unable To Find TV

i’ve been using the mobile app flawlessly for years. for the last few months it’s been giving me MAJOR issues. we have a roku tv downstairs and every other tv in this house has a roku on it. tell me why i can’t find or connect to them even when i enter the IP address the device is showing, even when i reboot the phone and the tv, even when i logout, remove the app from the phone and uninstall and start over. i’m literally staring at the tv in my bedroom directly in front of me. - it’s on. it’s playing. it’s connected to the same wi-fi network with all the same configurations. nothing has changed. now i can’t connect. i did your walk through, every single version of it i could find. i did everything except factory reset because you’re telling me i need to factory reset every device/tv in the house and start over with all of them? not happening. i’ll switch to something else if you can’t give me a solution. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku mobile app unable To Find TV

Hi @brxx,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Brand, model, and current OS that the mobile device is running.
  • Roku mobile app version.
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to reproduce this issue?

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We'll be eager to wait for your update.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KiJw

Re: Roku mobile app unable To Find TV

Hi brxx I had same problem! Finally, in the Roku app, I went to “account”, clicked on “devices”. It gives the option to remove device. I did then it found tv and then went through the set up process again. You’ll need your Roku email and password. Also, you’ll have to reactivate any channels such as prime, Netflix with sign in and password.  But now the remote app on phone works. Hope this helps you. 

0 Kudos