Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku iPhone app stuck on loadscreen

Jump to solution

Hi @Gatnus @dlbdlb,

Thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku mobile app. We're happy to help. We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.
Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
03vette

Roku App won’t open on my IPhone

Jump to solution

My app quit working, won’t open!  I uninstalled and tried to reinstall but it won’t let me. 

0 Kudos
Lynmaire

Jump to solution

As of today, 07/05/2023, I’ve deleted & reinstalled the app several times, as well as doing hard reset of my phone. The fix isn’t working for me. Still stuck on the purple load screen with no movement whatsoever.

My phone:

- Roku App version 9.5.0

- IOS 15.7.7

- iPhone 7+

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Lynmaire,

Thanks for the information!

We understand you are having issues with your Roku mobile app. We're happy to help. We have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, we will be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                           Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing regarding the Roku mobile app on your iOS device.

Please be aware that there was a service interruption last week (June 29, 2023) affecting mobile device users that has since been resolved.

If you are still experiencing an issue after this service interruption, we would be more than happy to continue investigating what you are experiencing, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• mobile device brand, specific model, and iOS version
  • Roku mobile app version

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku App won’t open on my IPhone

Jump to solution

Hi @03vette,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for informing us about this. Please be advised that we are aware of the ongoing issue and that our team is currently investigating the cause.

In the meantime, we'll need your patience and understanding as we further look into it. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tatharnio
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just wanted to add my voice to those affected by this issue. 

As of July 7, I am still unable to get the Roku app to load on my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 15.7.7. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and that didn't help at all. 

0 Kudos
lerxst_x
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, version 9.5.0, iPhone 12 mini, running iOS 17.0 db3.  Shouldn’t the app be asking for local network access? It doesn’t ask for local network access, so iOS doesn’t have that listed in the privacy settings for the app. 

lerxst_x
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry, duplicate post. 

0 Kudos
Tjthemainm

Re: Roku IOS App fails on start

Jump to solution

It happens to me too I don’t know what to do 

0 Kudos