Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku now not working on IOS16.5.1

Jump to solution

Having the same issue same phone and everything..this is so annoying

mikesm
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku IOS App fails on start

Jump to solution

I noticed there’s an announcement from Roku in the announcements group that there is a service interruption issue with IOS apps. 

Dameon1

Jump to solution

Same issue with my phone, worked this morning but now will not work. Tried turning off cellular data in iPhone settings for the app, tried restarting phone, uninstall and reinstall app. App is broken and it’s my only remote, this needs to be fixed!

iPhone 13, IOS 16.1.1, App version 9.5.0

Cherylkiple
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

They said on Twitter that they are working on it…

Cherylkiple
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku iPhone app stuck on loadscreen

Jump to solution

Mine isn’t working either - I messaged Roku on Twitter and they said they are working on it

Jump to solution

Same issue. Has anyone posted a solution 

Cherylkiple
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine just randomly starting working again a minute ago

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MPGChris,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the Roku mobile app since it will not work. We're happy to help. In some cases, you may need to log out, remove the app, reinstall the app, and then re-login. If the problem still persists, we'd like to gather more information on the issue you're running into.

• Please send us a picture or video of your issue.
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Boblach

Jump to solution

I have two iPhones both running iOS 16.5.1 (20F75) - The Roku app for iOS on my iPhone8 loads/runs perfectly - finds all my devices (2 ultras, 2 sticks).  The iPhone14 attempts to load, then fails with “Something went wrong” then, “The app is having trouble connecting. please wait a few minutes, then try again.” Then presents a “Try again” prompt.  
***AFTER WAITING 5 MINUTES - I pushed the Try Again prompt and was able to continue on with loading the app then connecting with my device (it saw all 4 devices) as normal.

Not sure what the issue was - but both iPhones are running the same iOS version and the same version of the Roku app… Rebooted both iPhones (used clear memory procedure on startup on both iPhones….  Your mileage may vary… cheers… 

PaiMei
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Service obviously isnt reading most of these posts.

THE APP WONT LAUNCH - so one cant derive additional information, make selections, etc. When launching app on iPhones of apparently every model, a purple screen and endlessly spinning wheel results. Have deleted and reinstalled app. Have rebooted Roku TV box as well.

Lots of people are experiencing.