Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeePass23
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku IOS App fails on start

Jump to solution

iPhone 11 on IOS 17 beta 2..
The Mobile app should be on the latest version even though I can’t check it, all I get is that failed connection screen every time I try to open it..the app is now unresponsive now, I even tried to delete it and reinstall nothing works😞.

MPGChris
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku iPhone app stuck on loadscreen

Jump to solution

Like all the others in this thread I’m referring to the app for iPhone & iPad 

The other threads are “Roku app for iPad hasn’t worked since last update” and “Roku iOS App fails on start”

mine is iPhone 7 running iOS 157.6 and iPad 7 generation running iPad iOS 16.5.1

I saw the new version 9.5 which claims to fix the issue. I installed on the iPad and it worked 1st time but then failed when I have tried to use it again.

On the iPad I have installed the new version but that still stalls with just a purple screen.

AGop
Reel Rookie

Roku iOS v 9.5.0 not working

Jump to solution

Edit:

Working now after trying to launch a few times.

Installed latest version today. 
Still not working, app stuck on splash screen. 
Not showing the loading animation like the previous version.

iPhone 6s

ios v 15.7.7

Jump to solution

Roku iPhone remote app keeps crashing someone needs to fix this issue

Cherylkiple
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine won’t load either - it’s on my iPhone 12 and was no problem up until an hour ago

JMFK1

Re: iOS mobile app crashes on startup

Jump to solution

My app started showing the exact same screen this afternoon. I’m using the most recent update with an IPhone 13.

Jump to solution

Same here. Tries to load then goes to a purple rolling screensaver with try later at the bottom.

mikesm
Reel Rookie

Roku now not working on IOS16.5.1

Jump to solution

The app now no longer works and gets stuck on the purple “something went wrong” screen at startup as in the screenshot below  

I have reset my router and Roku stick, deleted and reinstalled the app and restarted my phone a number of times but have the same issue  

I have an iPhone 2020 SE with IOS 16.5.1 with version 9.5.0 of the app  

I guess the new version of the app has a bug?

IMG_0156.png

Jump to solution

How did you fix it? Mine is still broken

Jump to solution

Same issue happening with me right now. iPhone SE iOS 16.5.1. This is ridiculous