Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ladylo

Roku iPhone App Private Listening No Sound

Private listening is not working for me through the IOS Roku app.  I have updated the app, uninstalled and re-installed the app and Restarted my device.  None of this works.  Private listening always worked fine until a couple of days ago.  My device is 5S464T256692.  Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku iPhone App Private Listening No Sound

Hi @Ladylo,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community! 

We appreciate the report about this issue using the Roku mobile private listening. We'd like to help.

Could you tell us if this issue happens across the channel on the platform or is an isolated case?

Let us know more about this so that we can further zoom in on it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ladylo

@RokuERey Thanks for replying.  I’m not sure what you mean by “across the channel on the platform.”  It happens whenever I try to use private listening through the Roku App, regardless of what I am streaming.  I have several streaming subscriptions (YouTube, Netflix etc).  The sounds comes through the TV just fine, so it seems this is an app issue as opposed to an issue with my streaming stick.  Worked just fine for years and then suddenly stopped.  Everything else in the app is still working.  Only this feature is affected, but it’s one I use frequently so it’s really inconvenient 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Ladylo,

Thanks for your prompt response!

Have you tried checking for an update of the app to see if it's available? We would also like to take a closer look into this and please provide us with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) 
  • Mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Roku mobile app version

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ladylo

@RokuERey I’m confused.  My first post, which you responded to said that I had already updated the app, uninstalled and reinstalled it, unplugged and restarted my device etc….  I had also posted my device serial number.  Am I communicating with a bot?  Very frustrating as there should be clear avenues for more helpful support for customers.

to repeat: 

the device is a Roku streaming stick 3600X, The serial number/device ID is 5S464T256692.  The software version is 12.5.0.4178.  I am using the iOS version of the Roku app.  I have an iPhone SE.  I am using version 9.9.1 of the app, which is the most recent version.

Looking through the community posts, I see that many others have had this issue over the years.  It seems to be a consistent problem.  Hopefully, Roku can permanently fix this glitch for me and everyone else affected.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Ladylo,

We're sorry for the confusion and we'll take it from here. We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have available information about this we'll make sure to forward updates here.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ladylo

Thank you.  I will be waiting for update. Please tag me.

0 Kudos