Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keverett55

Roku app wont connect to my Roku device

My roku and my Android phone are on the same wifi but when i go to devices on my Roku app it cant fine my device. So i restarted my roku and even tried using my Roku's ip address to connect it but i tells me it doesn't exist. I do not know what else to do. I just want to connect my phone to my roku please help. #roku help 

2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku app wont connect to my Roku device

@Keverett55 

Which Roku device do you have? The model number is very useful. Settings > System > About

What do you mean you tried to connect via the IP address? From within the Roku app on your phone? Or from phone settings?

Is there any chance your phone is on your network's 5 GHz network?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Chill31350

Re: Roku app wont connect to my Roku device

I’m having similar problem, both my TV’s were connected, and 4 days ago they just were gone from the Roku app, and so , I did a factory reset after that I can connect to oneTV  but not the other TV, they are both TCL brands 

0 Kudos