Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danzee
Channel Surfer

Roku app unable to find device

Evidently there is no solution the app not finding devicest. I previously had no problems with the app. All 5 of my devices were seen and controlled by the app. Now it's updated and the new app can find none of them. Yes, same network, blah, blah, blah. Left me with no usable app. 

Labels (1)
26 REPLIES 26
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app unable to find device

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Danzee.

Thanks for raising your concern, and we sincerely regret any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries. We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

May we first know if all of your Roku players have been updated on the latest software? You can manually check it under Settings > System > System update. In addition, could you also tell us what specific model is your mobile phone and what version of the Roku mobile app on it? You can also try to update the app to see if it will connect.

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jkmhi

I have the same problem. Out of the 4 Rokus I have, only the old Roku 3 is found. The app isn’t recognizing the Roku Premier+ and Roku Ultra devices.  It seems Roku needs to update their app so that it’s compatible with the most recent Apple ios.. The phone and all devices are on the same wi-fi. I checked my router settings and it is recognizing all devices. 

Upsetuser69
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem after that last update. It can only find one device and none of the other ones even know there still listed. Nothing else has changed but the update using version 9.9.0.22595034 I have tried to see if there was another update today and all devices say there up to date I have even removed all devices from the account and added them again. It's a glitch/bug with the update plz fix this

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Upsetuser69,

Welcome, and thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you seeing the same issue and we appreciate you for sharing additional information about this. 

Let's see if reconnecting your mobile device to your network, and making a refresh to it helps. But if the issue persists, please get back here and we'll further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jkmhi,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried to connect the Roku device to an alternative wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted on how it goes this time.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Upsetuser69
Reel Rookie

All devices work on the same network just app will not control them anymore and are not listed on the app. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Upsetuser69,

Thanks for the update,

Do you have another mobile device and does it experience the same issue? Also, you haven't mentioned yet that you've tried reinstalling the app.

But if this has also been exhausted, we'll be taking a closer look into this and need your help. Please reply back here with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Mobile device brand, model, and OS

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

I'm having the same issue. The other day, when I couldn't find my remote, I used the app on my phone, which is connected to the same WiFi as the Roku TV, and at first it did connect. But then it just lost the connection, and nothing I could do, restarting the TV, the phone, etc, could get it to work. So I since I had to find my remote, I eventually did. It's been like this forever, sometimes it connects, most of the time, not, or it will connect, then but lose it. I tried having my phone "forget" the TV, and tried connecting, but that was worse, got nowhere.  I think the only way I finally did, was inputting the IP address of the TV into my phone, I think. I've done so many different things I can't remember them all. It would be nice if it just worked as expected...

0 Kudos
Bnbh

I just bought my parents a brand new Roku tv  40” fhd 1080p. One reason I went w this is so they could use the remote in the Roku app with their iPhone and iPad. Esp bc of the function to play audio through the iPad or iphone. Both the iPhone and iPad keep disconnecting from the tv rendering the app remote useless. The only way I can get it to work again is go into the tv settings with the regular remote and re set up the network, even though the tv is still connected to wireless. My parents are in their late 70s so they will never be able to do this on their own. Are there any fixes in the works to keep the iPhone and iPad able to locate the tv as a device? It can’t even find the device to connect. Super frustrating.

0 Kudos