Roku mobile app

Help with the Roku Mobile app on Android and iOS, adding channels, using remote control functionality, playing content from The Roku Channel, using Play on Roku, mobile private listening, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRackley
Level 7

Roku app not detecting ancient Roku device

I have an original Roku device. The old one. I deregistered the cellphone I was using as a Roku remote from my Amazon Prime account because I replaced it with a new cellphone.  Ever since then, I cannot connect my Roku to the new cellphone's Roku app.  It keeps searching for a device but can't find my device.  Now my phone is on one WI-FI link and my Roku is on another one.  (I have two in my house) Should they both be on the same link and how do you do this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku app not detecting ancient Roku device

@SRackley-

Your suspicion is correct.  The Roku app on your phone should find any and all Roku units that are connected to the same local network that the phone is using.  If the two are on different local networks, neither will see the other.

If they are on different networks, you'll need to switch one or the other so that they are on the same network.

• To switch your phone, go into the phone's WiFi settings and choose the other other network.  Exact instructions will depend on your phone and model.
  • To switch your Roku, from the Roku home screen follow menu path Settings > Network > Set up connection.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos