Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottt1174
Roku Guru

Roku app missing expert settings on IPhone?

Where is the Roku expert settings for RokuTv in the app on the IPhone? It disappeared with Roku update. Is anyone else missing this feature? 

0 Kudos
164 REPLIES 164
Mariojfj

Expert Picture settings for streaming input

I am trying to change picture mode in expert picture settings on the roku app. When I try to change I get a notification saying: “operation error please restart your TV if this issue persists.” I was able to change the settings the input my cable box was on. Someone please tell me what I should do. 

SCROX
Reel Rookie

Expert Picture Settings Menu Vanished From Mobile App?

Did something change with a recent upgrade to the mobile app? I had been using it on my Ipad to control expert picture settings like gamma, white balance etc.

Now this menu option is no longer there.

I just get a list of:

Legal

TOS

Privacy

Third Party Licenses

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have removed and re-added the app but it's still not there.

Edit: This is version 7.0.0.3

SCROX
Reel Rookie

Re: Expert Picture Settings Menu Vanished From Mobile App?

To answer my own question - it seems that this menu item has been moved. Before, I pressed the "more" button with the 3 bars in order to access Expert Picture Settings.

Now, it seems that you need to press the button with 3 dots in the top right corner of the connected device in the "devices" screen to access this menu.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Expert Picture Settings Menu Vanished From Mobile App?

Thanks for reporting back.  It may help someone else with the same question... if they are part of the few who bother to search for their issue.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
vizionblind
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku app missing expert settings on IPhone?

Same question. Where did it go?

0 Kudos
Ricro
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku app missing expert settings on IPhone?

Same here,bring it back please. Picture quality changed badly. 

0 Kudos
Mjaybird
Binge Watcher

Expert picture settings

When I open app it detects the TCL 6 series tv. When I go into expert picture settings the app will crash. I have uninstalled the app and reset the tv. I can't change any settings. Anyone have this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Expert picture settings

Hi there. I noticed the same issue.  I wanted to check here to see if others were having the problem.  Any answers?

Mjaybird
Binge Watcher

Re: Expert picture settings

Wonder if it is the TV or app messing up

0 Kudos