Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffkl
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku app for iPad hasn’t worked since last update

...And now it's not working again. I don't get it. It's once again refusing to open the next time I tried. It worked successfully for about 2 hours. I went to do something else and now it won't open again.

0 Kudos
Evergreen2023
Reel Rookie

That’s what happened with me, and the workaround was to delete/reinstall the app each time. It would work for one session, but go kaput if you stopped. But then that ‘fix’ quit working too, now a new install never launches. 

0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Still not working for me. The App Store still has the old version 9.4.0. I’m trying to load it on my iPad for my Roku TCL tv.

0 Kudos
Mervbentley
Reel Rookie

Roku on ipad is stuck in buffer mode. This is only happening on my 6th generation iPad on 16.5.1 OS.  This issue has been happening for at least two weeks.

Is there a Roku developer/support person on this thread to help solve??

0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Mine is a 7th generation iPad and all I get is buffering too.

0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

I see they updated the app now 9.5.0 but it still doesn’t work on my iPad. I restarted my iPad then downloaded the app. All I get is a solid ROKU screen. No buffering.

0 Kudos
jeffkl
Channel Surfer

Same

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

My iPad that didn't have the app logged into my account is now working again. The other iPad that did have the app logged into my Roku user account still doesn't work. I realized it hadn't updated to 9.5.0, so I updated it and tried again. Still isn't connecting, but instead of the swirling motion above the word Roku it's just the purple screen with the word Roku on it. No indication it's trying to do anything.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Same here. Just purple screen with ROKU on it.

0 Kudos
PJX
Binge Watcher

Got 9.5.  Just the purple Roku screen without the spinning activity indicator.  App crashes after a minute or two now.

0 Kudos