Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Re: Roku app for iPad hasn’t worked since last update

Still not working. The version is still 9.4.0 from 2weeks ago in the App Store. I tried rebooting my iPad and reloading it but still get the spinning circle.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I tried the app on my work iPad, and it still works fine. This is the app that I never logged into my Roku account, so only operating in guest mode. My personal iPad (which at one time did have the app logged into my Roku account) was still just spinning, so I deleted the app (again), rebooted, and installed the app back. It's still spinning.

I do believe it has something to do with the user authentication function (since one iPad in guest mode is working fine), although that shouldn't be a factor when the app is removed and the device rebooted. So for some reason the iOS has retained my user credentials (even though it asked me if I wanted to delete all data when I deleted the app), and now will not load without connecting to the authentication server. Without running a packet sniffer on my network (which I'm not really experienced with anyway), I have no idea what it's trying to do when the program loads. But I have to put my finger on something running/not running at Roku's end. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
jeffkl
Channel Surfer

Now that it was working I was going to open my app to find the version number and it's spinning again. The tech told me to wait until tomorrow. I'm going to try again tomorrow, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, etc. If it's still  not working by tomorrow I suggest others of us go to the Roku website and navigate to chat with an association (not exactly easy to do but go through the links for a couple of minutes and you'll get there) and keep reporting the issue.

Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Roku app still not loading.  The App Store still shows the old version. I’ll try again tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Tried again this morning. Same results. Same release version in the App Store. It is not unusual for IT departments to do updates over the weekend. Let’s hope so 🙏.

0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

The app is still not working. I had a live chat with the support person named Ram. He tried to fix the problem by updating the software on my Roku TCL TV but got the same results. This is what his last comment was:

Robert , i just checked with my backend team , the ongoing issue is not yet been over . we will be sending you regular follow up mails till the issue is getting resolved .

Stay tuned 😀

0 Kudos
Wickch
Channel Surfer

Thanks everyone for keeping the string alive with updates.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
jeffkl
Channel Surfer

It's working again. I uninstalled the app, rebooted my iPad, reinstalled it and it's now working 

0 Kudos
PJX
Binge Watcher

@jeffki Didn't work for me.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I'm traveling this week, and the app won't work over the hotel WiFi, so I'll test it when I get home Friday.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos