Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Re: Roku app for iPad hasn’t worked since last update

Should have said ‘They may have not tested it on all platforms. 😁

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Hi @Cobleskill You can edit your posts by clicking the three vertical dots to the right of your post. I agree they have a programming error on their iPad version of the app. It appears the phone version is still working OK. It appears it could be related to the AWS problem yesterday. When I installed the app on my work iPad this morning, I left it in guest mode, instead of logging into my account. It's now still working after two hours. I just checked the app on my personal iPad again, and it won't load. It was logged into my Roku account, and that's really the only difference between the two devices. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Thanks for the edit tip Dan. Is there a way for me to log out of my account then log in as a guest so I can try loading the app again?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Apparently removing the app from the iPad doesn't completely remove the credentials from system memory. I removed the app, rebooted the iPad, then added the app back. It's still stuck trying to load the app. I tried my work iPad again (which was never logged into my Roku account) and the app is still working on it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Thanks again Dan. I hope Roku is aware of the bug and fixes it.

0 Kudos
Wickch
Channel Surfer

I’m having the same problem.  How do you get help??!! ☹️

0 Kudos
Wickch
Channel Surfer

I use the app on my iPhones to Bluetooth to a speaker.  I’ve had problems w the Bluetooth (I think) dropping the connection.  I switched to using the app on an old phone w fewer devices linked on the Bluetooth and that seemed to work accept the last iOS update resulted in the app not working at all.  I just get the spilling wheel of death.  I’m using the app on my newer phone but can’t use the Bluetooth function.  At least the app opens on the newer phone.  What the heck to do?  Very annoying.

0 Kudos
jeffkl
Channel Surfer

Does anyone know how to communicate this problem to Roku? Mine just spins when I try to open it. I thought it was a problem with my iPad until I saw this thread.

0 Kudos
jeffkl
Channel Surfer

I just chatted with Roku. They said that this is an known issue and the engineers are working on it. They told me to wait a day or two and try updating the app again.

jeffkl
Channel Surfer

It seems to be fixed. The app updated itself but that didn't work. I uninstalled it, shut down and turned off my iPad, turned it back on, reinstalled the Roku app and now it's working on my iPad again.

0 Kudos