Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Re: Roku app for iPad hasn’t worked since last update

Does Roku Support follow these postings? Are they even aware that this problem exists? Any suggestions as to how to get this message to them would be helpful.

Roku Support are you listening?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

OK, checked my iPad and realized I didn't have the app installed on that particular iPad. I installed it and logged into my account. Once it searched my network, it found all of my online Roku devices (a couple are not powered up). Since the Premiere was on the TV beside me, I connected to that one and used the remote function. It all worked. It's the most recent version of the iOS app and the Premiere is on 12.0 OS. So everything is up to date. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
PJX
Binge Watcher

This is not working for me and others.  Not sure how OP had a problem with the app when it was not installed.

0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

I was using the Roku app (official) from the App Store on my iPad. It use to work but doesn’t work now. What is Premiere and does it have private listening?

0 Kudos
Ukor_user
Reel Rookie

Agreed. I’m still having same problem. Official Roku app not working on iPad since last update but still works on iPhone. The recent posted solution doesn’t align with my issue. iPad app won’t open beyond start up buffering spinning circle screen.

thank you everyone for posting. Hopefully it gets Roku attention.

0 Kudos
Ukor_user
Reel Rookie

This is not a solution to my issue. I don’t know why it is marked as solution

0 Kudos
PJX
Binge Watcher

7th gen iPad running iPadOS 16.5 here.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Cobleskill wrote:

I was using the Roku app (official) from the App Store on my iPad. It use to work but doesn’t work now. What is Premiere and does it have private listening?

The Premiere is a model of Roku player that is no longer available. There were 7th and 8th generation versions available, but Roku is now in their tenth generation of players. My Premiere has private listening because I added a Voice Remote to it. The Premiere did not come with a WiFi remote standard. The basic IR remote does not have a headphone jack for private listening.

I don't know who marked my solution as accepted, as it really doesn't offer any solution. As of this morning my app isn't working either, but it did yesterday when I first installed it. A removal, reboot and reinstall has not resolved the problem. It does appear that Roku has an issue with the iPad app (which differs from the app on an iPhone). 

I installed the app on my work iPad, which is the same model I own except it has cellular. It too worked after install. I'll check it again after a few hours to see if it continues to work.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Sorry I marked it as accepted in error. Still no solution to my problem.

0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

I am a retired systems programmer analyst. It looks like their System Integrated Testing is lacking. They may have tested it on all platforms.

0 Kudos