Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Roku app for iPad hasn’t worked since last update

The Roku app for iPad stopped recognizing my Roku TV after the last update. I tried deleting the app the reinstall it from the App Store. It won’t load. All I get is the ROKU name and a buffering circle. Roku support has been no help at all.

Labels (2)
71 REPLIES 71
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Re: Roku app for iPad hasn’t worked since last update

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Evergreen2023
Reel Rookie

Same issue here. Haven’t been able to find a solution 😞 Used to be able to delete/reinstall the app and it would work once, but now even that fails. Too bad, I enjoyed the private listening feature. 

Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Thanks for the reply. I thought it might be something on my iPad. This all started happening since the last update. The only reason I want the app is for the private listening feature. Guess I’ll just have to wait for the next update and hope they fix it.

Cobleskill
Streaming Star

Does anyone know of another free remote app that has the private listening feature and works with a Roku TV?

0 Kudos
Ukor_user
Reel Rookie

I have same issue on iPad. Just keeps buffering circle on screen. When is new update coming out? Thank you for starting this thread.

0 Kudos
Cobleskill
Streaming Star

I don’t know when the next update will take place. I can only hope that Roku Support hears our cries 😢

0 Kudos
PJX
Binge Watcher

Same thing here.  Works fine on iPhone, but not iPad.  Delete/reinstall does nothing.  Interesting thing...after the reinstall, "Roku" does not appear anywhere under Privacy suggesting the app never initializes properly.

They must be taking the Apple approach to testing which, is to say, they don't test anything.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I thought the app was the same version on the phone and iPad, but to be honest I haven't checked it recently. When I go upstairs tonight I'll try it on my iPad. I know it works fine on my phone. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
PJX
Binge Watcher

It works on my iphone but not ipad.  Most recent version on both.

0 Kudos