Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTR17

Roku Mobile App / control from iPhone

Jump to solution

Set up everything with my Samsung tv. Physical Roku remote psired working great. 
I downloaded the Roku app and connected to my device easily.  The issue I have- is there a power on/off button on mobile app remote version? I looked and can’t find it.  

maybe I’m missing it.  Thank you in advance 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Mobile App / control from iPhone

Jump to solution

Hi @RTR17,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry about the Roku mobile app power button that is not available. Please be advised that it will depend on what Roku device you are using. For instance, since a Roku Express uses a simple remote (the one that has no power button), the Roku mobile app for Roku Express also doesn't have that power button feature. If you have a Roku TV with a power button on the Roku remote (voice remote or voice remote pro), the power button will be available on the Roku mobile app too.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RTR17,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry about the Roku mobile app power button that is not available. Please be advised that it will depend on what Roku device you are using. For instance, since a Roku Express uses a simple remote (the one that has no power button), the Roku mobile app for Roku Express also doesn't have that power button feature. If you have a Roku TV with a power button on the Roku remote (voice remote or voice remote pro), the power button will be available on the Roku mobile app too.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NEMom

Jump to solution

OK, then WHERE is the power button? 

My regular Roku remote will power the TV on/off.  Given how frequently our Roku remotes need new batteries, we occasionally need to use the app remote function.  I've never seen a way to power the TV off via the app so I have done it manually on the TV, or by using the manufacturer TV remote (stashed nearby for this purpose).  My husband can't believe there isn't a way to turn off the TV via the Roku remote app, so I came looking for info.  The "answer" says that if the remote can do it, the app can too.  While I have icons for search, microphone, keyboard, settings, guide, etc...  nothing seems to indicate a power button!  

(We have 6 Roku Streaming Sticks aged 6 months to 5 years old, if that matters.)

0 Kudos