Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cashthecuticat
Reel Rookie

Roku Mobile App Keyboard Glitch Solution!

For months I enjoyed not having that keyboard thingy pop up, this morning it happened again and pressing hold on it didn’t work. I traced my steps back to the app where I typed the letters I constantly see on the mobile app keyboard. I went to the app, pressed search bar, typed letters on it and then deleted the letters. It turned off the keyboard on the mobile app! Hope it helps you‼️

3 REPLIES 3
Pcstaceyn

Re: Roku Mobile App Keyboard Glitch Solution!

This has started doing on me today. This is the first time. I am on iPhone 13, iOS 16.6.1. When I’m the app and I tap on the remote icon, the keyboard search entry screen is presented. I tap the black area and the app shows the remote screen then a second later it usually brings up the search entry screen again. I tap on the black area and it goes away. This happens every time I bring up the roku app. I have tried the suggestion of going to the search screen, typing something and deleting it, force closed the app, deleted and reinstalled and cleared the cache on my iPhone. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @Pcstaceyn!

We sincerely regret any trouble this may have caused you. For us to better assess the situation, would you mind providing us with photos or videos of the issue you're referring to? Could you also provide us with the current software version of your Roku streaming device? Here's how to Manually check for updates. In addition, have you tried to delete the app, restart your mobile phone, then re-install the app? If not, we highly recommend performing it to see if it will make any difference. 

Once we have a clearer grasp of the situation, we will be able to recommend the appropriate next steps. 

Regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cashthecuticat
Reel Rookie

After you deleted the text did you also press done? I did that but forgot to press done so it just keeps popping up. The first time you install the remote it does that. If deleting and pressing done doesn’t work. Type the title of a show, complete title and press search or done, that also worked for me

0 Kudos