Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lumber304
Channel Surfer

Private listening issue with android device

I have a Pixel 6a phone.  I tried the uninstall per your directions but did no good. I have an old Pixel 4a phone that the private listening app works fine.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Private listening issue with android device

Hi @lumber304,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we're interested to know more about the issue you're having so we can provide assistance. Would you be so kind as to provide more information about the issue? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far, and what steps to reproduce the issue?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
forcedfx
Reel Rookie

I have an android device and I had to set the apps battery usage to unrestricted. This is because android power saving policy will terminate  services that do not create a foreground service. Not the ideal solution but unless Roku fixes it this is the only way I know to rectify it 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @forcedfx,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we'd like to know more about how we can assist. Would you be so kind as to provide the following details below?

• Brand, model, and current OS that your mobile device is running?
  • Version of the Roku mobile app that your mobile device is using?

Once this information is available, we'll be able to take a closer look at the issue.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos