Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JesonMile

Private Listening on the Roku Mobile App

Is the 3600R the only thing that supports Private listening on the app rather than on a physical remote? Like do the new Roku 3/4's allow this too? I tried looking it up online but the only info I could find was regarding the 3600R

It would most likely be a major difference between buying a Premier and a Premier plus.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Private Listening on the Roku Mobile App

@JesonMile wrote:

Is the 3600R the only thing that supports Private listening on the app rather than on a physical remote? Like do the new Roku 3/4's allow this too? I tried looking it up online but the only info I could find was regarding the 3600R

It would most likely be a major difference between buying a Premier and a Premier plus.

There are no new Roku 3/4's.  They were released in 2013-2015. Your 3600 Stick was released in 2016.

Any model in this Wikipedia chart that lists "Stream to smart phone" under the Audio column supports remote listening via the Roku app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Private Listening on the Roku Mobile App

If you look at the link that @makaiguy provided, you can see that all current model Roku players support Private Listening via the Roku app on your phone. This also includes Roku TVs, although listening to the TV through the app only works on the OTA broadcast channels and the Roku apps. If you connect something to the TV via HDMI, such as a Blu Ray player, that audio will not be available through the app.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos