Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Listening constantly disconnecting, then reconnecting

Let me start with: It looks like this same topic has already been posted, per what I can see on Google, but for some reason, I'm being denied access to see it and it doesn't appear on searches within the Roku Community - https://community.roku.com/t5/Archived-Content/Private-Listening-constantly-disconnecting-then-recon...

Lately, my headphones and private listening continually disconnect for about 5 seconds and then reconnect, cycling over and over. I know it's not my Wi-Fi because it only happens while the app is the active app on my phone. If I move to another app (but don't close my so and stay connected to private listening), it stays connected. It happens again if I go back to the app, like to use the remote to change shows, rewind, etc. There also no other devices trying to connect. I've restarted the app and my phone since this issue began.

My device is a Roku TCL TV, and my phone is a Samsung s10e.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Private Listening constantly disconnecting, then reconnecting

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @HoverFamily!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you to stream using the Headphones mode on the Roku mobile app, and we'd be happy to find you the best resolution possible.

In this case, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and correction. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • What is the current OS version of your Samsung S10e, and what is the build version of the Roku mobile app on your phone?

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Private Listening constantly disconnecting, then reconnecting

I had a similar issue and it seems to have been connected to the app going into deep sleep after not being used for a bit. I had to go into the settings and activate the app. And I would also double check that any features that would block the app from running in the background are turned off. Or turn on any features that keep the app running in the background. The presence of the "now playing" notification is a good indication of whether or not the app is running.

0 Kudos