Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scoobie69d
Channel Surfer

Pixel phone and Ultra not connecting.

On February 1st of this year, I purchased a new Roku device (Ultra) - before that, I had a model 4200X. With the other device, I could connect my phone and the Roku device and use the phone as a remote control.
I have a Pixel 6 phone. With the new Roku device, I can not connect my phone to the Ultra to use my phone as the remote controller. Both my phone and the Ultra are on the same WiFi network (I've checked) The Ultra is listed as a device on my Roku online account, but my phone does not see it to connect. I've even tried to connect by entering the IP address manually. I get no error messages; the app does not show a device is there. My account however does show the new Ultra.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pixel phone and Ultra not connecting.

Has anything else changed?  New ISP?  Different location?  Can you still control the 4200 from the app?

I assume you're speaking of the Roku mobile app.  There's other third party apps that can be used as Roku remotes which may have problems of their own.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Scoobie69d
Channel Surfer

no nothing has changed. Same TV, router, ISP, phone, WiFi Network, same room in the house. I have not tried to reconnect/use the 4200. Yes, the Roku Mobile App was downloaded from the Google Play Store. (If I remember correctly I even tried to delete the app restart the phone and reinstall the app, with no luck) 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @Scoobie69d!

In this case, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to further investigate and determine the cause of being unable to connect your Pixel 6 mobile phone to your new Roku player using the Roku mobile app. With this being said, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • The current OS version of your Pixel 6 mobile phone and the build version of the Roku mobile app. 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos